Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy Program
Students will learn the classical approach to Yoga Therapy and how the eight limbs of yoga can be utilized in the healing process. There is an emphasis on asana, pranayama, mudras and bandhas. Ayurvedic Yoga Therapy can be adapted to any tradition or style of yoga practice. This is a 13 day program that consists of 4 days of classes on line followed by an in-person 9 day training. In addition, students must complete either three dosha specific yoga classes in their own communities or three private teaching sessions. The program includes a final examination.
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Completion of an introductory course on Ayurveda that can include Principles of Ayurvedic Medicine, Foundations of Ayurveda, or a similar course at another institution.
Classes and Curriculum
Part 1: Online Curriculum
- Classical Yoga Philosophy
- Yamas and Niyamas
- Asana and Healing
- Energetics of Asana
- The Five Vayus in Asana
- The Guruvadi Gunas in Asana
- The Energetics of each Asana
- Elemental Energies in Pranayama
- The Energetic Impact of Various Style of Yoga Teaching
- Samyama and Healing
Part II: In-Person Curriculum
- Diagnosing Body Structure and Function
- Asana Practice Classes
- Asana Class Exploring the Vayus
- Asana Class exploring the Guruvadi Gunas
Students are required to complete related projects and assignments outside of class. A final exam will be administered; a passing grade of 75% is needed to complete the course.
Total Program Hours – 100
Dates & Times
Part I – Online Intensive | March 12th – 15th 2024
Part II – Onsite Intensive | March 18th – 21st & 23rd – 26th 2024
Final Exam | April 2nd – 4th 2024
Part I – Online Intensive 8:30am – 5:30pm
Part II Onsite Intensive 8:30am – 5:30pm
Final Exam – Opens April 2nd at 9:00am – Closes April 4th at 11:59pm
A final exam will be administered; a passing grade of 75% is needed to complete the course.
$1495 – Included is a required $250 non-refundable registration fee.
Enroll in any two or more Workshops/Programs at the same time and receive a 15% discount on both workshops. Any transferring and cancellation of registration voids discount. The discount will not include new programs added after an application has been completed. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to our Continuing Education Advisor via email at Conted@ayurvedacollege.com.