The Nature of Prana & Qi
Date: Saturday, March 4th 2023
This class will explore some of the most important aspects of “life force” as defined by both Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines, as well as their closely related spiritual and yogic practices.
Topics will include:
- Descriptions of prana and qi according to the Vedas and Taoism
- Meditations on the four primary levels of prana: how to perceive and understand prana and qi as cosmological intelligence in the body
- How we absorb prana and qi from food, breath and senses
- The pranic dimensions of the respiratory system: meditations exploring the Udana and Prana subdoshas of Vata
- Breathing together with plants to cultivate ecological spirituality
- Meditations on the four levels of Prana Vata: breath, nerve current, heartbeat, mind- stream
- Concepts of the “mind-stream” from Buddhist, Tantric and Vedic meditation lineages, and its relevance to prana and qi
Date & Time
Saturday, March 4th 2023
Online via Zoom
There are no reviews yet.